Because of such an increase in the popularity of skin whitening trends, skin whitening soaps were developed.
With a few washes, the skin can get lighter in color, in addition to having a younger and healthier look.
However, some skin brightening soaps may contain harsh chemicals that may do more harm than good.
Of course, they also are available in India where different skin whitening products are very popular.
What Are They And How They Work
They aren’t regular soaps and there are specific steps to follow while using these products. The active ingredients in the soap foam would penetrate the skin layers to get to their target cells, pigment-producing cells (melanocytes), reducing the production of melanin.
Here are the steps particular to using skin whitening soaps:
- First of all, wet the face with warm water, in order to open the pores for the soap to unclog them.
- Then, wash the face with regular soap.
- Finally, washing the face with skin whitening soap, and leaving the foam on the skin for a while. If it’s your first time using skin lightening soaps, then you have to use it only once a day, leaving the foam for 20 seconds maximum, to avoid any redness or irritation that may occur after using these soaps.
- After one week of daily use, the skin would get used to the chemicals in the soap, so washing the face twice daily, leaving the foam for no more than 20 seconds is then possible.
- From the third week of regular usage forth, you can use skin brightening soaps twice daily, leaving the foam for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then, wash the face with cold water for 2 minutes, in order to close the pores to prevent any debris from clogging them.
Pretty interesting is fact that many producers claim that their soaps are almost a multi-action miracle treatment which at the same time can help with treating acne scars, reducing dark spots and age spots, which would be the anti-aging treatment which also whitens skin.
If you would manage to reach such results with only one whitening soap pack, of course, we would be very happy. Still, you will have to test and try them to figure out which of the wide range of these skin care products works the best.
In most cases is used bar soap instead of liquid soaps when choosing soap whitening products.
Alternatives That Lightens The Skin
The range of all products available for skin pigment making lighter is very large. You can choose not only from soaps but also a whole skin lightening systems, like Zeta -White for example which contains only natural ingredients and is a very effective natural skin lightening skin care product line.
Of course, there also are a single skin lightening creams available, or serums as well.
Skin Whitening Soaps Active Ingredients
Skin whitening soaps consist of a combination of skin whitening active ingredients or even maybe one active ingredient only. Glutathione and kojic acid are among the common active ingredients used in manufacturing skin whitening bleaching soaps.
Research studies stated that both of them can effectively whiten the skin. They are also stated to be a safe alternative to hydroquinone. They are capable of penetrating the skin layers, reducing melanin production.
Skin whitening soaps may also contain hydroquinone, in small concentrations because of its harmful side effects. However, using hydroquinone is not that common in the skin brightening soap industry, despite being highly effective.
Arbutin and licorice extract may be also included in the formula of skin lightening soaps. They are natural extracts and they are also stated to be safe, effective alternatives to hydroquinone.
Vitamin C is also added to the formula of skin whitening bleaching soaps as it has skin whitening characteristics as well as working as an antioxidant, protecting the skin against harmful toxins and sun damage, which eventually helps in the process of skin whitening.
Vitamin E is also a natural active ingredient to be included in skin whitening soaps, helping the skin to get whiter as it reduces melanin production and works as an antioxidant, protecting the skin against sun damage as well as any other harmful toxins that may cause hyperpigmentation and discoloration of the skin.
Also, some research studies suggest that vitamin E may increase the glutathione levels in the body, which leads to doubling its skin whitening effect.
Sometimes, exfoliants are also added to the skin whitening soaps to add an exfoliation effect for a more bright skin as exfoliation removes the dead, hyperpigmented skin layers to reveal the healthy, young, less pigmented layers underneath.
Also, moisturizing agents are also added to skin whitening soaps as such chemicals may cause dryness and irritation to the skin, adding a soothing effect to such skin brightening soaps.
Sun protecting active ingredients can also be included in the formula of skin lightening soaps as skin whitening active ingredients may increase the sensitivity of the skin to the sun and adding sun protecting agents would help to protect the skin against any damage caused by the sun as well as preventing the hyperpigmentation and re-darkening of the skin.
Few Other Soap Brands People Use
- Fairness bar soap;
- Glutathione dual whiteningbleaching soap;
- Ayurvedas turmeric and myrrh skin brightening soap;
- Kozicare skin whitening soap;
- Likas papaya;
- Marie franc;
- Rose soap;
- Saffron soap;
- Vitae organic papaya soap;
- Papaya soap;
- Papaya kojic.
- Skin whitening soaps are not invasive.
- They don’t require any intravenous introduction of the skin whitening active ingredients into the blood so they don’t require any doctor appointments or long sessions to be applied, so they are not time-consuming.
- They are cheap, comparing them to laser sessions, so, they are not money consuming.
- They are very easy to use and so, they can be used by anyone and no professional personnel is required.
- Some consumers manifested redness and skin irritation after using skin whitening bleaching soaps, especially those with sensitive skin.
- Dry skin is also one of the side effects that skin whitening soaps may cause so, applying a heavy moisturizer after using skin lightening soaps is recommended as well as choosing a skin whitening soap with moisturizing agents.
- As skin whitening soaps are topical products, they have a slow action. Moreover, the active ingredients are washed off after a couple of minutes, so, they don’t stay on the skin the whole day, which means slower action.
- However, over usage of skin lightening soaps won’t accelerate their action but on the contrary, they would damage the skin, disrupting the natural pigmentation process of the skin.
- Some active ingredients may cause harmful side effects, such as Hydroquinone. Hydroquinone is suggested to even cause cancers. Its long-term use may cause hyperpigmentation of the skin which resists most skin whitening products and needs laser whitening treatment to get back to the natural color.
- The skin whitening active ingredients may increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun. That’s why choosing skin whitening soaps with sunscreen effects and regular application of sunscreens are recommended.
Where Are These Soaps Available
In a short answer – all over the Internet just you should choose a trusty seller. Probably that would not be anything new that if you choose to buy a skin whitening soap pack instead of only a single soap bar.
When To See The Results And How Long They Last
First of all, skin whitening soaps are of slow action. Their active ingredients slowly penetrate the skin layers and also they cannot stay on the skin the whole day and they need to be washed off.
Even after 3 weeks of daily use, consumers hardly see any results. However, daily use of skin lightening soaps for at least 8 weeks is recommended to visibly whiten the skin, and to get the preferred results, 16 weeks of daily use is advised.
Skin whitening soaps’ effects are temporary, so, maintenance treatment is recommended. Using maintenance soaps twice daily as well as applying sunscreens of SPF 30 or more are recommended to keep the new skin color.
We believe that our skin whitening soap guide was useful for you and it will be easier for you to make the right choice.