We offer you a short skin whitening cream review where you will find all the most important things you should keep in mind when choosing these types of products.
Skin lightening products are also known as bleaching creams, whiteners which brighten your skin.
The skin whitening cream work by reducing a pigment which is present in the skin also known as melanin.
The main reason why people choose to make use of the skin lighteners is that most people with skin problems such as the wrinkles, freckles, age scars, also discoloration related to hormones make use of skin lighteners to get rid of these problems and stylishly it’s a technique used to lighten up a naturally dark skin, which is mostly used by those who are fair or dark in complexion.
The skin whitening serves as a treatment which reduces the prominence of skin discolorations. These creams have been proved by many agents who have made us understand how effective they are in skin whitening.
Why Choose Skin Whitening Cream?
We have numerous black-skinned people, fair in complexion and we have lots of people who are suffering from lots of skin problems like aging, wrinkles, pigmentations, etc. these skin disorders are treated by making use of whitening creams.
The treatment process is a gradual step, but has a sure effect on the skin, for example, skin discoloration or pigmentation can be cured by making use of the whitening creams, it takes a lot of time but you will be assured to get a perfect result.
These skin whitening creams contain a wide array of ingredients like the hydroquinone, Vitamin C, retinol, and beta-carotene which helps in the treatment of skin disorders. The effect of Vitamin C present in the cream makes the skin white.
Creams like this are the perfect choice when it comes to making the skin fair. For the dark-complexioned individuals, to have a fair look, it’s divisible to opt-in for these creams so that you can be fair in complexion.
How Skin Whitening Cream Works
The skin whitening creams contain active ingredients, which come from the combinations of ingredients that reduce the amount of melanin in the skin where it is applied.
They are designed to inhibit the production of melanin which is produced by “melanocytes”, they are found in the basal layer of the skin. The exposure to the sun causes the amount of melanin present in the skin, and it will determine how dark the skin is.
Melanin has an important role to play in the color of the skin this is because it protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
The skin whitening creams come in this section by performing the role which involves the reduction of the pigment known as melanin and reduces discolorations of the skin.
Main Skin Whitening Ingredients
- Kojic Acid;
- Alpha Arbutin;
- Vitamin C;
- Licorice Root;
- Vitamin A (Retinol);
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide).
The skin whitening creams are widely used to treat skin problems and whiten the skin and here are some of its advantages:
- The whitening creams lighten and make the skin glow, it clears skin problems. These creams are perfect enough to treat melasma, aging spots, wrinkles and all other types of skin problems (hyperpigmentation) which can cause dark spots and patches to the skin.
- Whitening doesn’t work immediately but has a gradual process with the assurance of later effects. It might take several days and weeks with the regular application before you can see any visible changes on the skin, however, for an individual suffering from discoloration, he/she needs to make use of this cream for up to a year so that the scars and black patches are completely healed.
- Skin Whitening: As it is one of its major functions, the lightening cream has a primary function of giving your skin a light tone which differs from your original skin tone.
- Enhance the look – skin whitening cream is a perfect product for the enhancement of the skin, it lightens up the skin complexion, which goes gradually by lightening it to the tone which you desire.
- Psychological benefits – psychologically skin problems such as acne scars and hyperpigmentation can affect people in such a way that they develop low self-confidence and will shy away from relating with others, this is common between the blacks and those with spots and skin problems. however, making use of the skin whitening cream can help you to get rid of all this psychological problem by improving the skin tone, solving skin problems, this gives them the confidence to relate with counterparts at any point in time
- Prevents aging – whitening products contain helpful ingredients that can help you look younger and makes your skin glow. Some of these helpful ingredients can prevent you from having an aging skin and if you already have this, it can aid your aging skin and help you look younger because Vitamin C and alpha hydroxyl acids are present in whitening cream which stimulates collagen growth in the skin.
- Pretty lot of possible skin whitening side effects, some of them even dangerous to your health.
- Cream Allergy: due to the continuous use of this cream either to lighten up the skin or clear black spots, some people gets allergic reactions if the usage of these creams is Some areas of your body could be swelling or could show up skin rashes.
- Cancer-Causing Ingredients: one of the most familiar ingredients used in the production of skin whitening products which is called hydroquinone, which studies have shown that it has a high capacity of causing cancer.
- Skin Cancer: With the presence of a dangerous cocktail of compounds like steroids and tretinoin, alongside the hydroquinone, these compounds have carcinogenic properties which can lead to lethal health concerns like skin cancer.
- Skin Thinning: Repeated use of the cream may cause the skin to thin, this condition can be characterized by severe bruising, exposed capillaries, stretch marks, and other serious skin problems.
- Different skin color: As there is no skin whitening cream that will whiten your own skin to have the same color, skin parts exposed mostly to the sun gets whitened if a whitening cream is applied, but the skin part that sees less sun has a slow response to the whitening cream. In this case, a black individual that makes use of any type of whitening cream product will have his/knuckles, knees remain black. Yes, his main body skin will be lightened, but not all his skin goes light only little retains its original color.
- Whitening creams can lead to the development of new acne which is caused by steroids. When they are used on acne, they can block the pores.
How Long It Takes To See The Result
There are many factors included in the answer to this question few of them are:
- The concentration of the ingredients: to make sure there is much effect on a whitening cream, there should be at least 3-4 % of the concentration of Kojic acid, glutathione, lactic acid, retinoic acid, vitamin c, malachite and arbutin. With all these combined, you will realize there is a rapid result while making use of the cream
- Skin type – the rate at which your skin accepts the use of this product will determine the rate at which you get a result. For sensitive skins within 2 – 4 weeks, you will get a result to the use of the cream.
- For dark-skinned individuals, there is a need to be patient as the cream works gradually, it would take some time for the result to be seen. With the regular use of the product, in 2-3 weeks there should be changes in the skin color.
How Long Does Result Last
Now that your skin has been lightened, you definitely want to know how long the results will last. This question has its answer tied to 2 factors, one of which is you have your skin lightened and want to stop making use of the whitening cream.
In this case, the light skin you have gained through the use of the whitening cream isn’t permanent, if you put a stop to the use of the cream, the skin color returns to its normal color gradually, based on the type of ingredients made use for the production of the cream.
The second answer which if you are still making use of the cream and you love your current skin tone and do not want to return to your old tone, it is advisable to keep using this cream regularly, as there is no permanent bleaching cream in the market. i.e. there is no permanent bleaching cream which when used and stopped at a point in time, still maintains the skin tone without returning to its old tone.
It is always advisable to visit a dermatologist, for help and information about skin whitening creams and any other skin related issue or specific product use.