If you finally want to find out how to get rid of cystic acne, we really hope that in our article you will find at least one method which will help to clear your skin. Feeling embarrassed about your red zits? Moreover, also fed up with trying bundles of creams and medicine to get rid of them?
Those red, big and painful zits right under your skin are completely unlike the regular whiteheads and blackheads, do not appear on the surface of the skin. What are they? They are an entirely different form of acne known as cystic acne. These underground pimples are much harder to get rid of, and if you try to treat them in a wrong way, they will cause scarring on your skin.
The cystic acne is the clogged pores contain oil and dead skin which become inflamed. These filled pores rupture they cause the inflammation to spills out into the neighboring tissues. The body forms a cyst around the inflammation to stop it, thus named as the cystic acne.
These bullies live underneath your skin and appear as the swollen, red bumps on the face. As they do not form the white or the blackheads on the top, so it is tricky to pop them out. Cystic pimples could lead to scarring of the skin if they left unattended. These blisters require extreme care as if you try to pop them it will only push the infection to the farther areas. Why they cause so much pain? Well, the reason behind the extreme pain caused by them is that the swelling cause bordering nerve fibers to excite and actuates the pain.
Precipitating Factors Of Cystic Acne
So, what causes such an unpleasant situation to occur? Mentioned below are some of the root causes which lead to cystic acne.
- Hormonal Disturbance – The primary reason behind the formation of cystic acne is the storing of oil in the pores. So what initiates the secretion of oil then? Androgen hormone stimulates the secretion from the sebaceous gland. So, when the androgen overstimulates the gland, then the body starts producing so much oil that it is accumulating in pores and traps the bacteria. When the bacteria multiplies, it causes inflammation and thus results in a cystic pimple.
- Stress – Under stress, the human body tends to respond by producing cortisol hormone. This cortisol hormone is another known hormone for the production or secretion of oil in the body.
Treatment Of Cystic Acne
Try out this quick-fix kind of solution if you have these uninvited guest right before any of your momentous occasion.
- Multivitamins – Consult with your doctor and with his prescription take multivitamins. The zinc present in these multivitamins reduces the inflammation caused by these pimples. Moreover, vitamin E helps in healing on the skin.
- Spot Treatment – Apply mild compression of your cystic acne for about five minutes thrice a day. The slight compression will cause the formation of the head on the top of a pimple and then dab a cream of acne gel to dry out that pimple.
- Shot Of Cortisone – Your prom night or homecoming is on its way, and the ice and spot treatment is not helping? Do not need to panic. Have an appointment with the dermatologist, and he will inject a pimple with a shot of cortisone. The cortisone is a steroid, which contracts the swelling, diminishes the inflammation and remove a pimple within 6 hour period.
Cystic Acne Prevention Methods
Need some blemish-fighting methods to get rid of cystic acne? Then follow these conventional methods.
- Healthy Diet – Although the food will not make the acne go, however, but fueling up on vitamins and nutrients definitely aid. Take your vitamin B6 portion by eating one banana. It will even out the hormone levels in the body. Also, the consumption of two medium carrots will give your skin a smooth texture as they are an excellent source of beta-carotene.
- Cleansing – To clean the debris and oil from the pores of the skin use soap or a face wash containing salicylic acid.
- Topical Handling – Search for over the counter solutions for your pimples. It includes the creams having pimple-preventing ingredients in them such as benzoyl peroxide. The actual method is to apply these creams on the whole affected area rather than only on the pimple to stop the new zits from constituting. However, if you still face the same problem, then it is time to consult a good dermatologist and have proper root treatment for this problem.
- Birth Control Pills – If your cystic acne often knocks your door, then the birth control pills may provide a solution to the problem the primary function of these pills is to help in the regular break-outs of hormones. However, you have to negotiate your doctor before adopting any such methods.
- Oral Medication – For the treatment of more severe kind of acne, you can go for oral medication after a proper prescription from the doctor. Various antibiotics are now available in the market which prevents the infection-causing bacteria. Among the various available options like Zithromax, Bactrim and Doryx and Accutane, go for the treatment which your doctor suggests. We are breathing in a time where the people will judge you from your appearance. Moreover, frankly speaking, nobody likes it that people judges him for not featuring great skin.
Natural Treatment Methods To Get Rid Of Cystic Acne
Although there are various medications available to get rid of cystic acne, it is harder to achieve. However, before thinking that you have to live with your cystic acne for the whole life, stop that thought as there are various natural remedies available which make your acne go away positively hopeful.
Treatment #1 – Egg Whites
There still exists an enormous amount of people who are unaware of the beneficial properties of egg whites. The riboflavin is adequate to make skin receive protein and thus to get rid of the cystic acne. Break an egg and separate the whites from the yolk. Whisk the whites with the help of the whisker and then apply it to the affected area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Treatment #2 – Honey
It appears that people only acknowledge honey as a perfect substitute for sugar, for sweetening purposes, but it also has effective antiseptic qualities as well. Apply honey on the acne region and leave on there for about 15 minutes. It will not solely exfoliate the skin but also prevent the infection.
Treatment #3 – Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera helps to get rid of the cystic acne. With its anti-inflammatory properties, it is very helpful in the reduction of swelling and inflammation of the pimples. Implement the gel of Aloe Vera on the affected area, and you do not need to rinse it off. Moreover, drinking Aloe Vera after brewing starts the cleansing process within your body.
Treatment #4 – Baking Soda
An excellent anti-bacterial solution for the skin, baking soda helps to get rid of calumniator bacteria which may found on the skin. Moreover, with its antiseptic properties, it can help you to get rid of cystic acne. Take a tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with water, to form a thick paste. Moreover, you can add some sea salt to the mixture too. Apply this mixture on the affected region. Leave it that way for about half an hour or more. After the anticipated time, remove the paste with lukewarm water.
Treatment #5 – Tea Tree Oil
Sounds crazy? If you like most the people think that using oil to get rid of cystic acne is crazy, then think again by keeping in view the amazing attributes of tree tea oil. There are various oils in the world with unusual properties, and for the skin, the best is tree tea oil. If you never listened to it, then it is time to do it. Using tree tea oil cure cystic acne is the remedy followed by our ancestors for centuries and proven to do its job. Mix the tree tea oil with water and place the mixture in the affected area. After that rinse off the oil completely. Using tree tea oil is very beneficial for the skin.
Treatment #6 – Potatoes
Potatoes possess an excellent quality of absorbing the material. So if we use it on the skin, it may help to absorb the impurities of the skin as well. It is that impurities which are a causing factor in the formation of cystic acne on the face. Moreover, potatoes are hugely helpful in relieving the inflammation and redness caused by the cystic pimples. Peel off the potatoes and put them in a blender. Make a paste out of them and then apply that paste on the acne skin. Leave the paste there for about 10-15 minutes for better results. Use this remedy twice in a day for the best outcome.
Treatment #7 – Toothpaste
Using toothpaste on the acne skin may sound weird. However, it is the best idea to get rid of cystic acne. Our regular toothpaste contains fluoride in it which causes the prevention of bacteria. Moreover, in many cases, the bacteria causing acne may die as a result. All you have to take is to apply the toothpaste on the pimple for about 20-30 minutes and then wipe it off with cold water. Keep one thing in mind that toothpaste may cause irritation on the skin, so it is advisable to use this remedy sparingly, by applying the correct technique.
Treatment #8 – Steam Treatment
Steaming the face can open the clogged pores and thus provide us an opportunity to cleanse them. Steaming your face in routine reduces the chances of getting cystic acne. Take a bowl of hot water. Lean towards the bowl till the safe distance to get the steam coming out of hot water. Make sure your hair tightly bound with a bandana. Use this remedy thrice a week for the best results.
Treatment #9 – Apple Cider Vinegar
Have you ever wonder why apple cider vinegar always gets its place in the list of ingredients which are useful as natural remedies. Apple cider vinegar is the resultant product of fresh apples, yeast, and bacteria. This fermentation not only gives it a unique taste but also give a different effect on use. Application of apple cider vinegar with the help of a cotton ball can help you to get rid of cystic acne.
Treatment #10 – Coconut Oil
Another good and healthy oil in the list of natural solutions for skin is the coconut oil. So it can be effective in getting away the problem of cystic acne. Coconut oil contains antibacterial properties, and due to these properties, it kills the bacteria causing the acne.
Treatment #11 – Indian Lilac
Indian lilac also referred to as Margosa and Neem, consists of antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Consumption of Neem helps you to purify your blood and detoxify your body. Reducing pain and swelling, Neem is the best solution to reduce acne.
Treatment #12 – Aspirin Mask
For unclogging the pores, the aspirin has amazing attributes. To prevent cystic acne out of your life, use this mask. Take to tablets of aspirin and crush them in a bowl. Blend the powder with few drops of water or honey and apply the mixture on the affected area. Repeat this process regularly for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
Treatment #13 – Blue Tansy Oil
With its amazing anti-inflammatory properties, it helps in the reduction of excrescence and redness. Moreover, if you have a cluster of acne on the face then do try out this remedy it will help. Cleanse the bore upon the area with the aid of mild soap and then let it dry out. With the help of cotton ball apply blue tansy oil, and then massage it for 3-4 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
That humongous and deep cystic acne is the most annoying and traumatic ones in the family of the pimples. Apart from the fact that how much area these suckers cover, the pain they cause is the worst and impossible to ignore. Just try to adopt a healthy routine and make cleaning a habit.