Many people have questions about how to remove whiteheads from the face. Whiteheads can be a cause of concern when they form. Whiteheads like other facial infections can be very irritating and discomfort to have. Whiteheads are infections that have become enclosed and mildly infected because bacteria have covered the pores. When it is produced, whiteheads surfaces on a skin surface as little looking white bumps or very small puss-filled boils, these little puss-filled boils look reddish in appearance.
Although whiteheads may not be harmful or cause the skin any excessive damage, they look ugly to have and unappealing to look at. Whiteheads are produced when excess sebum from the skin’s surface clog the pores and then become released after a long time especially in the hot summer season when the skin produces more oil. The production of whiteheads can be influenced by a variety of factors. They include:
- Hormonal Changes -Hormonal changes can influence the production of whiteheads. In women, they are produced as women approach menopause when women undergo hormonal changes they lead to the formation of whiteheads.
- Medications – There are medications that can stimulate the formation of whiteheads, these drugs trigger the spread of this infection into full force spreading it on the skin. One such medication is oral birth control pills.
- Genetics – Owing to their genetic makeup, there are people naturally predisposed to whiteheads and acne. Whiteheads are prone to occur in a family line with a history of whiteheads formation.
- Cosmetics – Wearing a lot of heavy cosmetic creams that have petrolatum composition could cause and spread whitehead breakouts on in large amounts.
Common Types Of Whiteheads
Type #1 – Whiteheads On The Nose (During Menstruation)
Whiteheads form on the nose of many women during menstrual periods and it’s a symbol of a serious problem and for this reason, the earlier it is treated the better so the infection can be cleared promptly. Hormonal changes tend to occur during a woman’s menstrual period. This leads to massive production and breakout of bad pores on the skin increasing the likelihood of clogging and, in the end, the formation of tiny whiteheads.
Formation of whiteheads intensifies as women approach menopause or make use of some of the oral pills. During pregnancy, women are more vulnerable than men to whiteheads and acne.
Type #2 – Whiteheads On The Chest, Shoulder And Around The Nose
Whiteheads are known to appear on the forehead, chin, and nose more rapidly than any part of the body because oils are easily produced in these parts of the body. They can also develop on other areas of the body provided the clogging of the pores can also occur like the back, arms, chest and shoulders beside the other parts of the body.
Type #3 – Whiteheads Appearing On The Sides Of The Nose
Owing to the many hormonal changes in puberty, it is not uncommon to develop whiteheads especially on the side of the nose. During puberty, they can form regardless of gender. In order to prevent or halt whiteheads, it is important to examine the use of one’s cosmetic products in order to know if they contain harmful ingredients.
Type #4 – Whiteheads On The Nose
Although whiteheads form on the nose, it is often confused with another skin condition referred to as folliculitis. Unlike whiteheads, folliculitis is a situation where the hair follicles are irritated or infected. Some of the factors that are responsible for this occurrence include poorly trimming the nose hairs, wrong use of antibiotics to cause a bacterial imbalance, the picking of the nose, environmental pollutants such as chemicals, dust and much more.
The conditions in the nose, being warm and damp, are perfect for the breeding of bacteria. The nose area can create the right environment for the survival and breeding of bacteria. For these reasons, whiteheads breakouts on the nose must not be overlooked. Unlike the other body parts, it is difficult to manage this condition owing to the shape of the nose.
Type #5 – Whiteheads On A Baby’s Nose
Babies also develop small white bumps on the nose. It is important to check on the baby’s skin for bumps and rash to determine if they are whiteheads. Care should be taken to check the cheek region where they are prone to occur more. Whiteheads that form on baby’s cheeks are called Milia. These Milia are often harmless having very little effects on a baby’s skin. While they can be harmless they can affect a lot of babies.
As much as 50% of all newborn children are affected by whitehead that forms on a baby’s nose even from a few days old. Common spots of occurrence include the chin, cheeks, and nose although the number may vary from a baby to the other. When you notice its formation on your baby’s skin does not panic because within some weeks they tend to clear out themselves without the need for any treatment.
Tips To Getting Rid Of Whiteheads On Your Nose
Tip #1 – How To Get Rid Of Whiteheads Inside The Nose
Here are some of the tips on ridding yourself of whiteheads inside the nose so endeavor to follow them carefully.
- Avoid picking on them: While one may feel the urge to pick their nose, they should avoid picking and itching them given that it is likely to lead to the destructing of the gentle nerve endings which lead to further irritation of one’s nasal lining. This can also spread the infection to other people around you as a result.
- Application of warm compress: When whiteheads form inside the nose, one should gently apply a warm compress on your nose with cotton wool that has been soaked in lukewarm water twice a day.
- It is also important to seek professional counsel before you start taking any antibiotics as a form of treatment. Self-medication is not the best decision to make in order to resolve the crisis, and if your doctor recommends the use of antibiotics it is likewise important to complete the prescription and not stop halfway to get the desired results.
Tip #2 – How To Get Rid Of Whiteheads On The Nose
In the same way pimples, blackheads and any other rash looking infections, whiteheads reduce one’s aesthetic appeal thus making them self-conscious. The good news is that there are various methods that can be used to combat them. It is not difficult getting rid of the whiteheads on the nose. Due to more studies and research about whiteheads, there are many home options and remedies to consider during the treatment of whiteheads. Below are some proven natural remedies to try out.
Examine Skin Care Products
Some skin care products can be blamed as they are among the most common underlying causes of facial whiteheads. There are skincare products contain ingredients that irritate the skin and induce the formation of whiteheads. Check the cream you use when they occur and stop using it. This will naturally prevent more formation of whiteheads.
When sudden outbreaks of whitehead occur over the nose or another part of the body, ensure to double-check the cosmetic products by making sure they are free of oils. This should be applied to moisturizers, sunscreens, and makeup products. It is very importance checking out and make sure one’s skin care products do not contain mineral oil and petrolatum. Also, the application of cosmetic products on the nose should be stopped altogether when whiteheads form and examine by yourself.
Good moisturizers should be used. Using moisturizers on dry and dehydrated skin removes and prevents whiteheads from forming. Proper hydration and exfoliation are important for people with dehydrated skin who suffer from numerous amounts of whiteheads.
Use Facial Steaming
Going to the spa for a face steaming may help loosen grim which would have plugged in the nose pores. The procedure does a wonderful job in unclogging the pores of the nose and doing away with whiteheads from the nose. In order to steam the face try soaking a cloth made of cotton in warm or hot water. Wring out excess water before gently dabbing the whiteheads with the cloth for about a minute. This should be repeated twice or thrice every week. Alternatively, one can steam the face by filling a bowl of warm water then cover-up over the bowl of warm water using a cloth to wrap oneself along with the bowl of warm water.
Tip #3 – Treatment Of Whiteheads On The Nose Using Both Prescription And OTC
- Salicylic Acid: The gentle cleansing of the face with a salicylic acid cream twice a day will help reduce the buildup of oil. Many creams contain salicylic acid and they are easy to get from local drug stores.
- Benzoyl Peroxide: Products based on Benzoyl peroxide helps to reduce oil production in the pores. Products that contain benzoyl peroxide can be gotten easily from local drug stores.
It takes about eight weeks before considerable results can be seen when using prescription medications or OTC give it some time but is a little improvement is seen after several weeks, it is recommended to go for further help from a dermatologist or medical doctor. Applying salicylic acid cream one or two times on the face is advisable to avoid the irritation fo the skin.
Tip #4 – Popping The Whiteheads On The Nose
One may feel the natural urge to pop whiteheads on the nose but it is best to avoid popping this practice should be avoided by all means as it may not lead to skin irritation and may cause an infection that may lead to a worse breakout. With severe whitehead irritation, one can have scars, acne, and dark spots all of which contends with your skin to steal its aesthetic appeal.
Tip #5 – Clearing Out Whiteheads From The Nose Naturally
There are many healing options to have whitehead-free skin. Here are some options to consider.
- Facial steaming – it is the most effective natural remedy for eradicating whiteheads. Many people that have applies facial steaming have achieved remarkable results.
- Lemon juice – lemon juice cleansing of the face unclogs the pores and gets rid of the whiteheads. Mixing it with milk leads to better results. It should be carried out by following the directions explained here. Requirements – 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tbsp. milk. Directions – All the ingredients should be mixed in a bowl and stirred to a solution of a uniform nature. Gently apply the solution on the nose. A few minutes later, rinse it with water. This remedy helps in removing the dead cells from the skin thus leaving a healthy and smooth skin.
- Clay mask – clay has oil-blotting capabilities that can be instrumental in the removal of whiteheads that exist on your skin. Most clay products are available at local health food stores. With this remedy, one only needs to apply the mask on the face or nose before rinsing it off after a quarter of an hour.
- Oatmeal – This is one of the natural remedies for whiteheads available. One method using oatmeal is by mixing it with rose water to the finest paste possible. The fine paste should be applied gently over the area affected for about 15 minutes then washed off using cold water.
Preventing Whiteheads From The Nose
In most cases, the occurrence of the whiteheads ought to be put under control through a combination of medical treatments and lifestyle changes both of which are aimed at preventing the buildup of dead cells and sebum on the pores of the skin. Here are some tips as to how one can keep whiteheads on the nose at bay.
- Switching to skincare products that are free of oil including sunscreen products, makeup, and moisturizers.
- Cleansing the face regularly to get rid of the excess oil, but care should be applied not to go overboard with it as the natural response of the skin will be producing more oil. Twice a day is enough.
- One should consider the addition of a salicylic cleanser in their daily cleaning regime.
- Always look for non-comedogenic makeup products as they will not block the pores of the skin.
- Exercising for about 20 minutes each day will remove the dirt from the pores of the skin.
Conclusively, knowing how to remove whiteheads from the face is the foundation of getting rid of whiteheads and preventing it. If the guidelines mentioned earlier are followed through carefully then getting rid of whiteheads becomes an easy task.