How to remove fine lines? As soon as they appear, people start to worry about them. They are the earliest signs of aging, an indicator of how fast time has flown. Fine lines always precede wrinkles, but they are not as complex as wrinkles.
Only two millimeters in-depth, fine lines leave one’s skin looking rather unpleasant. They appear first around the eyes and mouth, are made prominent when one smiles or frowns. If not properly taken care of, fine lines could turn to full-blown wrinkles. Little wonder people worry about developing fine lines a lot. In the quest to develop healthy skin, it’s important to know what causes this condition to occur and prevent it. The first step to getting rid of it is knowledge. A knowledge of what induces its occurrence will reduce its formation.
However, to successfully get rid of fine lines, one has to understand what fine lines really are, factors that can lead to their formation, and how to effectively shield your skin from them.
What Are Fine Lines?
Fine lines appear because of a decrease in the amount of water held by the epidermis and irregular thickening of the dermis. They are only two millimeters in depth. Fine lines are the earliest signs of aging. Excessive exposure to the sun, exposure to environmental toxins, too much tobacco intake, and collagen loss in the skin, which makes the skin less elastic, are just a few out of the few reasons why fine lines develop. They are usually noticed around the lips or eyes when one smiles or frowns. Fine lines often appear as signs of chronological aging; there’s no way to avoid them entirely. However, understanding what could lead to or speed up their appearance keeps one a step ahead.
Main Causes Of Fine Lines
Several factors could facilitate the appearance of fine lines. They include:
- Age: This is the most common factor that causes fine lines. As years go by, the skin loses elastin and collagen continually, making it lose elasticity and the ability to renew dead cells. Therefore, fine lines begin to appear around the mouth and eyes like tin threads.
- Sun exposure: The sun has many dangerous effects on the skin, especially when it is exposed to it for a long time. The sun’s ultraviolet rays affect the skin, leading to a variety of skin conditions, including fine lines. To avoid this, people should always sunbathe with sunscreen, dark shades, and, when possible, beach hats to protect the skin, eyes, face, and neck, respectively.
- Lack of adequate skincare: The skin can easily get damaged when one uses the wrong skincare products. Using skin products that do not have good quality or applying those not for the skin tone can severely damage one’s skin. Letting the skin always go dry is not advisable. As often as can be, one should always moisturize the skin. Once in a while, people should get a full facial and body massage, using oils like castor oil or olive oil. This enables the skin to rejuvenate and get its quality back after undergoing a lot of stress.
How Your Lifestyle Can Cause Fine Lines
Often, people engage in many extra-curricular activities without knowing the effect of such activities on their health. Now not only does an unhealthy lifestyle affect one’s health, but it also reflects on the skin. Some unhealthy lifestyle habits which could cause fine lines to include:
- Lack of regular exercise: the body needs to be exercised to ensure blood flow to all parts. Also, exercise helps relieve stress. There are even certain exercises that can help reduce fine lines. Once in a while, try rubbing the areas around your eye sockets to ensure the free flow of blood. Draw circles on your cheeks as though you are stretching them with your knuckles.
- Smoking: Regular intake of tobacco dehydrates the body and the skin. It deprives the body of essential water it needs for bodily functions. This, in turn, causes the body to react to the insufficiency and results in the formation of fine lines. When this happens, it makes the skin lack oxygen and restricts blood flow. Leaving the skin dehydrated leads to the appearance of thin threads, which are called fine lines. Also, the consistent lip movement involved in taking in and puffing out smokes makes fine lines appear even faster around the lip area. To avoid getting fine lines much more sooner than it is meant to appear, one should always avoid tobacco.
- Chewing gum often: As observed in smoking, excessive chewing of gum can leave the skin around your lip area with severe fine lines. The lips are always pursed and involved in a persistent movement. This makes way for excessive pressure to be exerted around the lips, invariably leading to fine lines.
How Your Feeding Habits Can Induce Formation Of Fine Lines
- Lack of a balanced diet: For a person to appear healthy, there should be an adequate amount of all the food classes present in the person’s system. This is because; they all have important roles to play. The importance of having a balanced meal always cannot be over-emphasized as the lack of it can always, most times, be deduced by the appearance of one’s skin.
- Regular intake of vitamins and minerals: The skin needs the adequate presence of vitamins A, C, and E to always retain its elasticity and replace dead skin cells. When either of these is deficient, the tendency to develop skin conditions, including fine lines, is very high.
- Regular water intake: It has always been said that water is one of the most important food classes. Lack of adequate water in the body does not only dehydrate the body; it can also dehydrate the skin too. This is why; people are advised to take water always, especially the last thing before bedtime.
However, despite having so many causes, fine lines’ appearance can also be delayed when you implore the following ways.
Some Ways To Delay The Appearance Of Fine Lines
- Maintain good skincare culture: How the skin is maintained can have positive and negative effects when the skin doesn’t receive the requirements it should. It stimulates these fine lines to emerge. It is highly ill-advised to use a mixture of skin products at once. People should discover the exact cream suitable for their skin tone. During the day, one’s cream should always keep the skin hydrated and protect it from ultraviolet rays, toxins, and free radicals. Using a different kind of creams will have different effects on the skin. In some cases, the skin can react to this kind of mixture.
- Also, at night one should use creams with active ingredients that can supplement and remove damaged cells. People should also massage their nightly cream into their body minutes before going to bed so that it can be properly absorbed into their skin. People should also be advised never to forget to use sunscreen, quality ones, to protect their skin from the sun’s dangers.
- Maintain good eating habits: People should always include fish oil, which nourishes the skin and helps the skin look healthy and free from lines; into their regular diet. Fish oil can be found in salmon fish. People are also advised to always take fruits and vegetables, like carrots and tomatoes, and all forms of berries. Take fruits rich in Vitamin C like oranges. Most importantly, one should always drink a lot of water.
- Maintain good beauty habits: People should always use quality makeup. One should not always use thick matte makeup. This is because; they can always get absorbed into the skin’s tiny lines and make them even more prominent. Instead, use light loose powders to replace that thick foundation. People should always endeavor to clean their makeup before bed to avoid having the residuals get really deep into the skin.
However, just as there are options for the day of fine lines, there are also options for its removal.
Effective Methods How To Remove Fine Lines
Method #1 – Natural Treatment For Fine Lines
Soy Extracts and Vitamin E extracts: These extracts even skin tone and prevents pigmentation. It boosts the skin’s collagen level, thereby keeping the skin from avoiding lines. They also act as antioxidants to prevent skin aging. The presence of these extracts helps nourish the skin, thereby reducing fine lines. The skin absorbs oil and makes it glow and radiant since oil extracts are the base of body creams, you can expect oil extracts to have moisturizing effects on the skin.
Method #2 – Cosmetic and Clinical Procedures For Treatment Fine Lines
It effectively treats fine lines. You can undergo procedures such as dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, and laser therapy can improve the skin’s appearance and leave one looking way younger. People can also use filler injections, but since they may cause temporary side effects, they can be used only once in a while.
Method #3 – Dermabrasion As Treatment For Fine Lines
Dermabrasion is a procedure that has been in practice since the early 1980s. It is done using a handheld tool, which is power-driven. For the procedure to be carried out, abrasive rotary instruments are used in the skin’s sanding. The skin gets removed, and a new layer of skin underneath the removed skin replaces it. It is a much more complex procedure, and before it is carried out, things like one’s skin type will be carefully examined. It is usually performed using an anesthetic because of how painful it can be. The affected skin area usually takes a long time to recover and remains red and flushed for an awfully long time. After the procedure, it could take 7-10 days until new skin begins to grow.
Method #4 – Microdermabrasion As Treatment For Fine Lines
This is the direct opposite of dermabrasion. It was developed in Italy in 1985. It is simple and quick to do and mostly used for people with tender skin. In this procedure, the skin is bruised with sterile microparticles to remove the skin’s top layer. Facial redness is reduced, and it is almost painless. It is even done from our homes’ comfort by using a foam applicator to massage the skin’s surface with a moisturizing cream containing aluminum oxide crystals. Many stores sell portable foam applicator, so it’s readily available for anyone to purchase.
Method #5 – Chemical Peels As Treatment For Fine Lines
This procedure usually makes the damaged skin peel off to reveal a finer looking skin. It is done through the application of chemicals to the skin to remove damaged cells. It can also stimulate new collagen formation to improve skin texture, thereby removing fine lines.
Method #6- Laser Skin Resurfacing As Treatment For Fine Lines
Laser skin resurfacing replaces damaged skin with new, fresh skin. As a result, it gives everyone a chance to achieve close to a flawless complexion. Of course, these procedures can either be light, moderate, or deep laser resurfacing. It gives way for pigmentation to be evened out and also treats fine lines.
Finally, people no longer need to worry about removing fine lines because many suggestions have come up within the years, and each of these suggestions is applicable from home. With just the right amount of determination, will, and effort, you can achieve positive and lasting results.