Most people consider forehead wrinkles a menace to facial beauty. That may be true but what’s even more factual is that forehead wrinkles are, for the most part, natural and usually comes with the aging process.
However, there can not be said to be a singular cause for forehead wrinkles as a number of factors such as:
- Aging: this causes the breakdown of elastin and reduces production of collagen in the skin;
- Too much exposure to ultraviolet rays (sunlight);
- Repetitive facial contortions like too much frowning;
- Smoking and alcohol consumption;
- Unhealthy diet;
- Drinking less water;
- Stress and depression;
- Lack of sleep: along with sleep bags and dark eye patches, lack of sleep causes facial wrinkles;
- Genetics : most families have a certain type of facial wrinkle as a predominant trait.
One or more of these factors could combine to cause forehead wrinkles. In this article, we would discuss ways to keeping your face wrinkle-free. Here are effective ways finally to get rid of forehead wrinkles.
How To Get Rid Of Forehead Wrinkles
To truly understand how to get rid of forehead wrinkles, this article provides in some cases, natural remedies, and in other cases, scientific remedies to the factors that cause facial wrinkles mentioned above.
Way #1 – Drink Water
If you do not drink enough water you become dehydrated on the inside and in time it will start to show on the outside. Dry skin is more prone to visible wrinkling than a hydrated skin. A good way to stay as hydrated as possible is by drinking water at regular intervals daily. This should be regardless of whether you are thirsty at the time or not. Thirst is a sign of dehydration.
We would advise that you consider drinking mineral water instead of the tap variety. In 2008, a study at Leeds University showed a certain brand of mineral water, “Deeside Water” from Scotland, successfully reduced the appearance of skin wrinkles 25 percent more than tap water. Hydrate and refresh your skin by carrying a small spray bottle with you and occasionally spritzing your face throughout the day.
While we advise keeping your face moist, we also advise you do not over-wash your face. According to dermatologists at the University of Maryland Medical Center, regular tap water strips skin of its natural barrier oils and moisture that serves as protection against wrinkles. By washing them off too often, you wash away that protection.
Way #2 – Try Facelift Procedure
One of the many benefits of science to mankind is plastic surgery. A good plastic surgeon can salvage your aging face by performing a rhytidectomy, also known as a face-lift. This procedure involves surgically recontouring the underlying fat and tissue of your face, then adjusting the skin to fit the new, younger-looking contours.
Recovery time for a face-lift may span across several months, and the cost of the procedure will probably not be covered by any type of medical insurance. However, if you are buoyant and seriously perturbed by visible signs of aging on your face, then consider this procedure. In comparison to alternative methods of reducing forehead wrinkles, rhytidectomy offers longest-lasting, and most effective results.
Way #3 – Use Chemical Peeling
If you are looking to resurface your skin then a chemical peel could really come in handy. In the chemical peel procedure, alpha hydroxy acids are also known as AHAs or trichloroacetic acids also known as TCAs or phenols are used to peel off the outer layer of the skin, revealing a less-damaged under-layer. AHA’s are natural fruit acids that lift away the top layer of dead skin cells, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes. New evidence shows that in higher concentrations, AHAs may help stimulate collagen production.
Way #4 – Try Dermabrasion Procedure
Yet another beneficial scientific procedure is Dermabrasion. The procedure involves a controlled surgical scraping instead of chemicals to remove the skin layer, in dermabrasion, a vacuum suction device used with a mild chemical crystal, helps extract the top layer of skin cells, consequently bringing new, more evenly textured skin to the surface. In the process of dermabrasion, fine lines and wrinkles seem to disappear.
Although not every state requires a physician’s license to perform these procedures, you’re better off seeking the services of a trained plastic surgeon to perform them. As with any health solution, we would advise you find a doctor you can trust.
Way #5 – Use Moisturizers And Sunscreens
It is very important to keep your skin hydrated, as well as moisturized to prevent unwanted premature aging and wrinkle lines. Regular moisturizers are not very effective in removing forehead wrinkles. We would suggest anti-wrinkle moisturizers that have potent ingredients for eliminating forehead lines. To effectively reduce wrinkles, apply a good facial cream every night, and then a moisturizing sunscreen every morning.
While sunscreen cannot erase any wrinkles you already have, it can prevent them from getting much worse. If you have to go out in the sun then remember to slap on a sunscreen! It will protect you from skin cancer while also helping to prevent facial wrinkles.
The task of choosing the best wrinkle reducing moisturizer is not an easy one but neither is it exactly an uphill task either. So with a careful research, you should arrive on the right product for you. We would, however, warn that self-proclaimed miracle ingredients such as retinol, coenzyme Q10, and hydroxy acids have been known to alternate between “effective” and “ineffective”, going in and out of favor.
According to the CNN Health website, all of these wrinkles reducing creams may bring about slight to modest improvement in your wrinkles, but none is likely to be a “facelift in a bottle,” as their advertising usually claims.
Women, especially, are so concerned with anti-aging products that they often overlook the power of a simple moisturizer. A moisturized skin simply looks better, thus lines and creases are far less noticeable.
Way #6 – Go For Botox Injections
Botox® which is short for Botulinum A toxin is an injection of the purified version of the Botulinum toxin A that relaxes the muscles just beneath the wrinkle, making the skin on the surface appear smooth and crease-free. If your facial wrinkles are too deep for a skin-resurfacing procedure then we would suggest you consider a Botox® procedure to smooth out facial lines.
In this procedure, the serum will be injected into the facial muscles to cause temporary paralysis. This has the effect of instantly smoothing out wrinkles. While Botox has it’s positives, a less-desirable side effect is that when your forehead has been injected with Botox®, you will tend to have a somewhat “frozen” appearance, because of your inability to move the affected facial muscles.
This has led to what some describe as a look of perpetually being surprised. Yet another downside to Botox® is that the procedure is not permanent, lasting just two to four months. So we would advise that if you must opt for the Botox procedure then be sure to brace for merits and demerits.
Way #7 – Repeat Facial Exercises
Some repetitive facial movement like squinting overworks the facial muscles, forming a groove underneath the surface of the skin. This groove eventually becomes a wrinkle. Tone your facial muscles with facial exercises or facial yoga. These exercises may help tone your facial muscles, which will reduce the sagging, wrinkled appearance of your skin.
One facial exercise that targets forehead wrinkles involves lowering your eyebrows as far as you can, while pulling them together, then lifting them as high as possible and as far apart as you can. Repeat this exercise at least five times, several times a day, every day. It is only with repetition that you will begin to see any result.
Way #8 – Eat Healthy
It is said that “You are what you eat” and the story could not be truer. When it comes to clearing facial wrinkles, the type of food you eat could aid the procedure. So here’s out healthy feeding advice:
- Eat more fish especially salmon. Not only is salmon (along with other cold-water fish) a great source of protein which is one of the building blocks of a great skin. Salmon is also an awesome source of an essential fatty acid known as omega-3. These essential fatty acids help nourish skin and keep it plump and youthful, helping to reduce wrinkles.
- Eat more soy: So far, most of the scientific proof of the benefits of soy has come from animal studies, but research has shown that certain properties of soy may help protect or heal some of the sun’s damaging effects called “photoaging”. In a recent human study, published in the European Journal of Nutrition, researchers reported that a soy-based supplement along with other ingredients like fish protein and extracts from white tea, grapeseed, and tomato, as well as several vitamins, improved skin’s structure and firmness after just six months of use. So, definitely eat more soy for a smoother face.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: The key to eating more fruits is found in their antioxidant compounds. These compounds fight the damages caused by free radicals (unstable molecules that can damage cells) from Ultra Violet rays, which in turn helps skin look younger and more radiant while protecting it against some effects of photoaging.
Way #9 – Use Natural Oil Remedies
Effectively repairing facial wrinkles is possible without opting for the artificial and rather expensive treatments. In the early stages of using these natural oil remedies, the wrinkles on the forehead may seem immovable, but you would eventually fight them off with time and patience. Here are some simple tips that we believe will most definitely come in handy if you are looking for a natural procedure to remove those lines.
- Use Coconut Oil – Massage a few drops of organic coconut oil on your forehead and face for a couple of minutes or at least until the oil is absorbed by the skin. Do this every night before you go to bed. Coconut oil moisturizes the skin and keeps it healthy because it contains antioxidants that are known for their free radical scavenging activity. These free radicals accumulate in the skin, make it dull and also lead to the formation of wrinkles. Using coconut oil eliminates these effectively and fades away the forehead lines in the due course of time. As with other natural remedies, patience is important.
- Use Castor Oil – Apply a drop or two of castor oil in a gentle tapping motion on your forehead. Leave it on overnight. This remedy is best used overnight as castor oil is light in texture. You can also apply it during the day. The use of Castor Oil effectively curbs the appearance of face wrinkles because the ricinoleic acid found in castor oil is a great skin-conditioning agent. Castor oil also contains antioxidants that will keep the skin on your forehead healthy and free from those frown lines.
- Use Flaxseed Oil – Consume a tablespoon of Flaxseed oil two to four times in a day. You will start seeing a difference in the frown lines on your forehead by the fortnight of using this procedure. Flaxseed oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and an array of antioxidants which when ingested, these lubricate the skin and plump up the outer layers, thus reducing the fine lines and wrinkles.
- Jojoba Oil – Massage the Jojoba oil with your fingertips on your forehead in upward motions for a minute or two. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat this every day. This is best done before going to bed. The vitamin E content of jojoba oil is high, and this can be utilized to get rid of forehead wrinkles. Apart from the vitamin E, jojoba oil also contains esters that slow down the skin aging process.
- Almond Oil – Simply apply a few drops of almond oil on the forehead. Massage for a few minutes and leave it on. Do this procedure before going to bed so that the oil works on your skin all night long. Almond oil makes the skin smooth and also rejuvenates it. Its emollient property keeps the skin moisturized and hydrated.
The solutions listed here are sure to help you effectively combat face wrinkles.