The Main Reason Why Acne Occurs
Many dermatologists suggest that overproduction of oil by sebaceous glands is the main reason of acne. Sebaceous glands are found under the surface of the skin, mainly on the face, back and shoulders. They produce skin’ natural oil. Normally, this oil flows out of the narrow openings called pores. But when it is produced in excessive quantity and is unable to pass through the pores easily then the pores get blocked and cause pimples or blackheads. You can experience this problem on the surface of your skin as redness, the irritation, and inflammation. All this leads to an infection.
The Main Reason Acne Scars Are Caused
Inflamed lesions cause acne scars i.e., pustule, papule or cyst. These inflamed marks cause swelling in the pores and produce a break in the follicle wall. Fortunately, the lesion is usually minor when a break occurs near the skin’s surface and you should not worry about it, but when a deep break occurs in follicle wall the lesions are serious. The infected material comes out into the dermis and destroys healthy skin cells leaving the scars behind.
5 Popular Methods Of Treating Acne Scars
Different treatments are available in the market to cure acne scars. It is not necessary that all the methods work same for everyone. People have different skin types. So, the results depend on how your skin behaves? You can use one or a combination of more than one methods to get rid of acne scars.
Method #1 – Tissue Fillings
Some people use this technique. A soft tissue in the form of collagen or fat is injected under the skin. This stretches the skin and marks become less noticeable. The results are temporary and you will need repetition.
Method #2 – Energy Treatments
A light source from some radio device is directed to the affected area. It has no side effect on normal skin cells. Marks become fade but you may need to repeat the procedure.
Method #3 – Dermabrasion
In this procedure, the top layer of skin is removed with the help of moving wire. The scars on the upper surface are removed but more severe scars are still left behind with less noticeability.
Method #4 – Surgery
This is a pretty expensive method with a lot of side effects, so we would not suggest you this as a first choice.
Method #5 – Home Remedies
Home remedies are simple and probably the best way to cure acne spots, scars, pimples and other skin diseases. These remedies are cheap and easy to use. You can find most of the ingredients in your kitchen. Our focus will be on these remedies in this article as all the other ways to deal with acne are expensive with impermanent results.
8 Low-Cost Remedies For Treating Acne Spots
If you are going after expensive laser treatments, subcutaneous incisions and dermabrasions, just stop. Try these low-cost home remedies. Many herbal experts say that using the acne cure products is not the best solution to get rid of acne scars. You should be aware of these products because they are made up of different harmful chemicals that can damage your skin cells seriously.
Research conducted in the recent past has shown that natural ingredients are much better than these chemicals as they have no side effects. These are a gift for us from our very own mother nature but we are not aware of their use. The problem of acne spots becomes complicated when not taken seriously. As it affects you physically, mentally and emotionally. It gets more complex when you face the discomfiture and irritation caused by acne. So, this problem must be addressed immediately.
Remedy #1 – Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice has many health benefits. You can use it to treat acne spots. Use cucumber juice as a skin toner for an acne free skin. Apply this natural juice on your face for 10-15 minutes twice a week.
Remedy #2 – Aloe Vera Gel
For the treatment of many of your skin problems, Aloe Vera Gel can also be used. To get rid of acne spots, apply Aloe Vera Gel on your face twice a day for one week.
Remedy #3 – Honey and Cinnamon
Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder. Gently apply this paste on your face at night and wash it off in the morning, you will definitely have acne clearer skin.
Remedy #4 – Gram Flour
Make a mixture of gram flour with milk and use it as a daily face wash to prevent acne.
Remedy #5 – Honey
Honey is known as a natural healer and is widely used as a cure for many diseases. For the treatment of your number of acne problems, you can use it. Make a paste of 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Apply this paste on the affected areas overnight for a treatment.
Remedy #6 – Fresh Milk And Cream
Fresh milk acts as a cleanser. Apply it on your face to improve skin tone. Before going to bed at night, apply 1 tablespoon of fresh cream on your face. It will soften the skin and remove the acne stains. But this tip is not recommended for people with oily skin.
Remedy #7 – Turmeric And Yogurt
If you want a perfect skin, turmeric powder is a good option. Take finely grinded turmeric powder and mix it with a yogurt. Apply it on your face just like a cream. Let it dry. After that use little water and gently massage on the affected areas. Wash it out after 15 minutes.
Remedy #8 – Toothpaste
Apply toothpaste on the affected area overnight and wash it in the morning. The spots will be reduced.
9 Remedies For Treating Acne Scars
If acne spots are not taken seriously they become scars later. It’s a very painful experience for those suffering from it. Several home remedies will help you get rid of these scars. Although, home remedies take some time as compared to other treatment procedures but will give you definite and perfect results.
Remedy #1 – Olive Oil
The uses of olive oil are widespread in many skin related problems. To get rid of acne scars gently massage the affected areas. Your scars will completely vanish in few days.
Remedy #2 – Egg White
Egg white is used as a natural facial mask to clean the skin. Apply the egg white on your skin with your fingertips or a cotton ball. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash out with normal water. You will have a glowing skin. Your complexion will be fair with a fresh look. Egg white draws out the excessive oil from the pores and reduces its overproduction.
Remedy #3 – Melon Mask
Melon has many health benefits. It is not only good for digestive system but also helps cure acne scars. Use Melon pulp as a mask. You will get rid of all sorts of acne, dark spots and scars.
Remedy #4 – Lemon Juice
Take one lemon. Slice it into two halves. Extract its juice in a cup and add little amount of pure sugar in it to make a paste. Wash your face with lukewarm water before applying this mixture on your face. Let it dry. Remove the mask after 15 minutes. You will get acne free skin within 14 days.
Remedy #5 – Baking Soda
You can use baking soda for the cleansing of skin twice a day. Be careful! Do not over clean your face because it can cause more complications removing the bacteria that are healthy for your skin. Baking soda is economical and all of you have it in the kitchen. Mix baking soda in water. Apply on your face and rub mildly for 20-30 seconds. Wash your face with water. Use this only once a week.
Remedy #6 – Mint Leaves Juice
Fresh mint leaves’ juice is very helpful for curing skin related problems. Apply it on the acne scars to get rid of them.
Remedy #7 – Potato
Potato produces miracles when it comes to curing of acne scars. It is very helpful for naturally removing the skin infections and acne scars with long lasting results. Wash the potatoes and then cut off the edges. Cut 3-4 thin slices. Rub these slices onto your skin in circular motion. Do this activity all over your face. Your skin will absorb the potato juice in 10-15 minutes. After that, wash your face and let it dry. This procedure will do the trick.
Remedy #8 – Garlic
It is the main ingredient of every day cooking, also known as famous “acne killer”. You can easily find It. Take a garlic piece. Make thin slices. Apply it on the affected areas. Make sure that its juice is applied evenly on the face. Leave it for 15-30 minutes.
Remedy #9 – Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the best agents to remove acne scars is Apple Cider vinegar. It gives a fresh look to your skin and clears the old acne marks. Add a half tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water. Dip a cotton wool in solution and gently apply by tapping on all the affected areas, and let it stay overnight. Wash it out in the morning as you do regularly.
Keep In Mind Some Safety Measures And Precautions
- Always keep your face clean – do not allow the dirt and excessive oils stay on your face. Wash your face regularly two times a with a normal water.
- Do not use dirty pillow slip and towel – pillowcases and towels are a house of germs and bacteria. They allow these germs to reside for a long time. So always keep these things clean. Wash them regularly. Also, do not forget to change your towel after every six months.
- Take bath regularly – if you are coming from your job, always take bath as early as possible before changing the clothes. This will remove the germs and dirt produced by sweating and environmental pollution from your body.
- Choose makeup that is acne friendly – the makeup you apply on your skin has a great impact. Try not to use makeup that is oil-based or water-based. Makeup with least amount of oil is beneficial for the skin. Always buy cosmetics from a good company. Do not let the makeup stay on the skin while sleeping, always wash it out before going to bed.
- Do exercise or yoga daily to get rid of acne – exercise will keep you fit and healthy. You will get relief from all sorts of tensions. Regular exercise gives better look and fresh appearance.
- Drink adequate amount of the water – always drink plenty of water. It is healthy for your body as it refines your blood by cleaning the impurities. Water acts as a detox agent. You can add different fruits or vegetables in water to make detox water at home.
5 Things You Should Avoid When Dealing With Acne
- Do not stay long in the sun – many people believe staying long in sunlight is helpful as it provides vitamin D. But do not expose your skin so long to the ultraviolet rays coming from the sun. They penetrate your skin causing redness, dark spots, and severe allergic reactions. Your skin becomes more vulnerable to acne scars with darker skin tone.
- Avoid applying vitamin E – you should not use vitamin E gels or some other stuff like that directly on your scars as it stops the natural healing process and increases the duration to recover from scars.
- Avoid touching the affected areas – always avoid touching the acne spots or pimples. Many people squeeze to get rid of them as quickly as possible. But later they become scars leaving dark spots or acne marks on the skin.
- Do not eat fast food – junk food is not good for the health. Forget the fried food items. They disturb the oil balance in your body. Adopt a healthy lifestyle. Add fruits and vegetables to your diet. Take them regularly. Nothing is better than vegetables and fruits for proper nourishment.
- Avoid doing pick and pop with the pimples (as they leave scars) – acne goes earlier as compared to scars. That’s why you should leave your pimples without touching as much as you can. They take a longer period but you can get rid of them by following the instructions given above.